Simple Ways to Lead a Healthy Life (Infographic) – Fitness World
- Advice: Begin your run a little slower. Using a light pace at the beginning primes you for a great finishing kick.
- Warning: Hard surfaces – the impact of running on hard surfaces are likely to cause injuries including shin pain and stress fractures.
- Advice: The equal power distribution between each leg is important. Ensure you aim for 50 percent of power production from each leg.
- Warning: A common ailment of cycling because of the posture is back pain. Maintaining good form and cross-training are essential.
- Advice: Spin the hoop in both forward and backward directions. The push and pull movement of the hoop around your waist promotes equal strength gains.
- Warning: Pushing the hoop in one direction can also cause pain to travel down to your hips.
- Advice: Pay special attention to your breathing during your workouts. As you work against resistance by lifting, pushing, or pulling-exhale; inhale as you release.
- Warning: Undeveloped abdominal muscle makes your spine more vulnerable which could lead to lumbar sprains while lifting heavy weights.
- Advice: Drink plenty of water. Swimming in a pool can dehydrate the body.
- Warning: Cramps usually occur while swimming, but this can be prevented by a proper warm-up or stretching prior to taking a dip.
- Advice: Jump on the balls of your feet to lower impact on your ankles.
- Warning: Skipping rope is a high-intensity cardiovascular workout. Ensure you monitor your heart rate to stay safe.
- Advice: Asanas should be performed on an empty stomach.
- Warning: Pay attention to alignment during transitions between poses to prevent injuries.
- Advice: During hot weather, make sure you wear a sun hat, apply 30+ sunscreen and drink plenty of fluids.
- Warning: Poor one handed backhand technique can cause tennis elbow.